Installing Debian from Red Hat (without a CD or floppy drive)

I have a machine that I want to install Debian on, as well as other
Linux/BSD systems.  I have no floppy or CD drive.  I have no other
x86 machines.  I do not have Windows.

Using the network, I am able to install Red Hat 9 on it.  I want to use
this to install and boot from the other OSes.

I have the suspicion that with the use of GRUB and/or LILO, I can
configure things the way I want, but I am not entirely sure of this.
I'd install the Debian kernel somewhere, maybe download some crucial
packages to some mount, and boot into the minimal Debian and then use some
neet packaging system to get the rest.  But I'm not sure of the details.
Could someone point out where I should go to find them?

And, just so I'm starting things out properly, how should I have the
Red Hat install program format my disk?