Re: My knoppix hard disk install has open office in german

on Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:28:09AM -0600, Bob Proulx (bob@proulx.com) wrote:
> J F wrote:
> > My knoppix hard disk install has open office in german.
> > I don't want to have to re-install the whole thing again
> > as I have got it almost set up the way I like.
> >
> > Is the a way to just re-install open office to get english menus?
>
> This is probably just LANG being set since Klaus Knopper is a German
> and therefore the default for KNOPPIX.  Try setting LANG=C and you
> should be fine.

My understanding is that OOo actually distributes seperate versions (or
at least components) for different languages.  Sounds like someone
grabbed the *-DE ISO ;-)

J F should be able to fetch the proper OOo debs using apt-get, aptitude,
synaptic, or other package management tools.

Peace.

    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"
    -- HHGTG