Re: Samba refusing to let uses connect

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Elie De Brauwer wrote:

> Hi, i've got this small samba problem to which google can't seem to give me
> the solution. The fact is samba was configured/working properly but since an
> apt-get dist-upgrade, there seems to be a little problem. valid users can't
> seem to access their homedirecotories anymore,  /var/log/log.smbd contains
> the following error message. So what is an idmap, how do i create one, ....

when windoze users cannot do anything on the linux box via samba,
it usually means samba isn't quite configured properly
	- i suspect your smb.conf and binaries got updated/changed ??

	- make sure you have run smbpasswd  for each windoze user
	- make sure you have run smbparm and other test apps to verify
 	  its config
	- make sure your ip# and ranges correspond to your LAN
	- post your smb.config file if you want detailed help

> [2003/05/26 07:12:29, 1] sam/idmap_tdb.c:db_idmap_init(331)
>   idmap gid range missing or invalid
>   idmap will be unable to map foreign SIDs

haven't seen that puppy before

c ya
alvin