Re: My knoppix hard disk install has open office in german

J F wrote:
> My knoppix hard disk install has open office in german.
> I don't want to have to re-install the whole thing again
> as I have got it almost set up the way I like.
>
> Is the a way to just re-install open office to get english menus?

This is probably just LANG being set since Klaus Knopper is a German
and therefore the default for KNOPPIX.  Try setting LANG=C and you
should be fine.

  export LANG=C

Look for the system setting setting this in /etc/environment or
/etc/profile or other such location that you can 'grep' for.  The
Debian way is to run this following command to reconfigure the
locales.

  dpkg-reconfigure locales

There is no need to reinstall.

Bob