Re: Resistance Is Futile.

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:41:54AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:50:10PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > (Not that "Hell Surfers" will read this, I imagine; I'm reliably
> > informed that the little twerp has been mercifully nuked from the
> > subscription list, so with any luck we won't have to read his
>
> So what you're saying, assuming that his statement of his attempts at
> unsubscribing are true and were done correctly, that threatening legal
> action is the only way to remove yourself from this list, aside from
> some esoteric things like bouncing emails? :)

One would hope not :-)

Actually I just caught one of the listmasters on IRC and asked if he
could, uh, expedite the removal of "Hell Surfers" due to him being SO
BLOODY ANNOYING. No encouragement of anyone's future actions intended,
although it crossed my mind that it might be taken that way.

I've unsubscribed (and sometimes resubscribed under different addresses)
to Debian mailing lists any number of times without problems. I'm sure
he just couldn't manage to give the bot the right e-mail address or
something, which seems to have been the case on similar occasions in the
past. Getting enough useful information out of this guy to help him
tends to have been like getting blood out of a stone, though.