Re: Text-mode problem

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 17:01, Piero Caracciolo wrote:

When I work in text mode, "less" and "man" (so again "less", I think) don't work properly. The upper part of the monitor (let say 4 to 5 lines) stays black and the text scrolls only through the rest of the screen; when I want to scroll back, only the buffer notices change, not the visible text. Thanks for helping.
Piero.

You aren't possibly running with framebuffer, are you? If so, what card
and kernel are you using?

I do actyually have the following lines in the "dmesg" answer:

Starting kswapd v 1.5
vga16fb: initializing
vga16fb: mapped to 0xc00a0000
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
fb0: VGA16 VGA frame buffer device

My card is an ati radeon 9000; my kernel is the standard one for intel x86 in the Woody distribution.

Thanks,
Piero.