Re: How to find version of XFree in Sarge?

Thanks for the reply, Karsten, but I already checked that link, followed it to:

http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/

and here is what I found for the nv driver:

nvidia-glx-src 1.0.3123-4 [contrib]
    NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver
nvidia-kernel-src 1.0.3123-3 [contrib]
    NVIDIA binary kernel module

Unfortunately, "4.x" doesn't tell me what I need to know!

Is there some meaning to the "1.0.3123" number? Is this a Debian number, or and XFree86 number?

I hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Karsten M. Self wrote:

on Sun, May 25, 2003 at 06:23:04PM -0400, Jack Dodds (brmdamon@aci.on.ca) wrote:

>I have installed Woody. It appears to have XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1.
>
>My video card is a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX-400D-T64.
>
>According to the XFree86 web site, this video card is not supported
>until XFree86 Version 4.3.0.
>
>How can I find out the version of XFree86 which is in Sarge?

    http://packages.debian.org/

Peace.