Re: Graphic interface

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 04:46:58AM -0400, Bill&Pat wrote:
> I am totally new to Linux. I run W2k and do image processing on a Pent 4 /
> 1.44 / 2gb RDRAM. I am used to the Windows type GUI. I use Paint Shop Pro
> and Photoshop for working images of up to 80 mb's each. I rarely do any
> other type work on this computer. My business software if on a Pent 2 /
> 300 running W2k, with all Microsoft programs.
>
> My question is: Can I run Linux to do the above and run the same programs?

Yes, you can do the above.  No, you can't use the same programs.  PSP is
Windows-only, and Photoshop only Macintosh and Windows.

The GIMP is a fair high-end image manipulator, but as of the last time I
looked nothing on Linux is the equivalent of PaintShop Pro in terms of
ease-of-use for simple image tasks.

In principle you could run either under a Windows emulator but I don't
recomend it.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum