Re: best way to set new console fonts?

* Wim De Smet <fragmeat@yucom.be> [2003-05-23 03:36]:
> I tried vga=ext, but as soon as init boots the font switches back (it
> wasn't a very good-looking font anyway)

The way to fix that is to go to /etc/console-tools and change the line
starting with 'SCREEN_FONT' to something like the following:

SCREEN_FONT=lat0-08

That, combined with vga=ext in the lilo.conf file, works on my Debian
stable/testing system.

Regards,
--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'