best way to set new console fonts?

Hi,

I'm trying to change my console fonts so they are a little smaller and
more usable. But I'm running into some problems here. I read about
SVGATextMode and I decided to try it out and it works with some modes,
but the refresh rates same to be a bit low and I have no idea what I
should pick for the "clocks" part, cause as far as I can find, there is
no way of getting the Clocks timings for my nvidia geforce4 (ti 4600).

I'm kinda looking for somebody who can give me a working timings list or
maybe some other way to set other console fonts (other than the standard
80x25).

tia,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein