Re: Mount partition

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 01:21:04PM +0800, EC@ec.hn.org wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering how you could create partition or mount (not sure what's the
> correct term to use) partition like /usr /var /home etc. I installed my
> debian with only one partition which is '/'. In cfdisk, IIRC, there're only
> options to choose either you format it to Linux or Swap so when i format it
> to Linux it turns out to be '/' and i cant further break it down to /usr
> /var /home etc. Any help will be appreciated :)

You can use parted to shrink your existing Linux partition to free
some space in which to create further partitions. Back up your data
first, just in case. Than have a look through the list archives for
discussion on how best to organise the new partition structure, of
which there is plenty.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons