Re: Mount partition

Hi  Ec,
are you talking about converting a system with 1 linux partition which
contains everything into a system where there is more than 1 partition
(one for /var, one for /home, etc). If this is what you want, I have a
suggestion.
I used partd ( or you can use the qtpartd). if you want a 1000mb /home
and have 1000mb free, you can shrink your 1 partition by 1000mb then use
cfdisk to make that new space in a new linux fs.Then you mount your new
partiton on /mnt/home and copy everything over - maybe with tar.Once
that is done. move /home to /home2, change /etc/fstab to point to your
new partition and reboot.
-Kev

--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>