Re: compiling modules for stock kernel (mach64 / daenzer)

> You can look in the kernel-package documentation to see the other
> arguments that can be used.  Rumor is that some packages really do
> require the full kernel source and not just the headers, though.

This must be one of those; I eventually did get the module package
compiled using the command string you gave me, and it did compile.  It
would not load, though-- complaints about undefined symbols.

Given that, my best bet is probably just to build myself a new kernel
and keep that source tree around.  (That's a hassle, but only a small
one as I've done that sort of thing many times before.)

-Rob

--
-=-=-= Rob Knop =-= rknop@pobox.com =-= http://www.pobox.com/~rknop =-=-=-
     Help the EFF protect basic freedoms online: http://www.eff.org