Re: compiling modules for stock kernel (mach64 / daenzer)

"Robert A. Knop Jr." <rknop@pobox.com> writes:

> Now, I have in the past made my own kernels with make-kpkg, and if I
> keep that source tree around I have no trouble making modules for that
> kernel also using make-kpkg.  However, that's now what I'm trying to do
> here; I want to make the modules for the stock kernel.
>
> How does one do this?
>
> I do haev the kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4 package installed, which I
> *thought* was all that was necessary to build add-on modules for the
> existing kernel.

You might try unpacking the module source somewhere, changing to that
directory, and running something like

  debian/rules kdist-image KSRC=/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4 \
  KDREV=2.4.18-6 KVERS=2.4.18-bf2.4

You can look in the kernel-package documentation to see the other
arguments that can be used.  Rumor is that some packages really do
require the full kernel source and not just the headers, though.

	-- Abra Mitchell