Re: mencoder: Converting divx to mpeg for VCD

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 03:41:54AM -0400, Michael Waters wrote:

> ...oops, sorry, I just realized the script looks like it looks for a
> dvd.  for mpeg4 file -> vcd maybe transcode or avidemux will do what
> you want.

I'm not sure what script you mean, but mencvcd can make a VCD from any kind
of video that mplayer can play.

I use this command line:

   mencvcd projectname --device 0,0,0 -vnorm n -vfr 1 deathsmaller.avi

That makes a bin/cue pair (or several) which I write to CD with

   cdrdao write --reload --device 0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc projectname.cue

Obviously the driver will vary.

The main problem with this is that audio/video sync is never perfect.  No
one on the mplayer mailing list had a way to fix it, either.  It was just
announced (see http://mplayerhq.hu) that A'rpi is working on a new mplayer
core that will have perfect sync, so he's clearly aware of the problem.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading