Re: What's going on with "testing"?

On 21 May 2003 05:40:53 -0500

> > So what should the ordinary not-terribly-expert user do, just keep
> > doing apt-get upgrade as usual in the hope that it will eventually
> > sort itself out?
>
> Or you could, when doing "apt-get -u upgrade", note which packages
> are getting held back, and manually "apt-get -u install" them.
>
> Then, the reason(s) why said packages were held back would become
> apparent.

Thanks. So if I do this for a held-back package and get something like -

  kde: Depends: kdebase-audiolibs but it is not going to be installed or
                kdebase3-audiolibs but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

Is the *best strategy* to do apt-get dist-upgrade?

Thanks,
- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber