What's going on with "testing"?

I have several bixes that I;ve been ahpilly runing testing on for over a
year now.

A week agog apt-get dist-upgrade started wanting to remove things I need,
so I swaped to apt-get upgrade, thinking that would help untill whatever
was hapening got straightened out. However not only has the problem not
gone away, now "upgrade" is holding back huge qunatites of packages (80+ on
oone machine).

What's going on?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin