Re: Anyone using the CAD packages?

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 00:55, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am wondering if there is anyone on the list here
> using QCAD or CYCAS for architectural drafitng
> purposes.
> If so could you reply with your preferences, pointers
> etc. please.
I have not used QCAD or CYCAS so can't help you there but on another
list there has been talk of Codeweavers indicating that support for
AutoCAD is close. Just how close I don't know and have not been able to
find out.BUT it will mean that I can dump the M$ half of my dual boot
machine and go pure (jumps for joy!).
Another alternative is VariCAD www.varicad.com which is about $400 and
looks like an AutoCAD copy.
The only other pointer I can give you is to check which ever package you
use handles importing .dwg or .dxf files to your satisfaction as some do
this alot better than others and if you share files chances are you will
get .dwg(autocad native) or .dwg(supposedly industry standard)

Tim