Re: Anyone using the CAD packages?

On Wed, 21 May 2003 01:25, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am wondering if there is anyone on the list here
> using QCAD or CYCAS for architectural drafitng
> purposes.
> If so could you reply with your preferences, pointers
> etc. please.

I have used Qcad for very simple purposes without any real computer based cad
experience. I found it easy enough after a while.

Printing is a problem, thicker lines do not render properly in generated pdf
files. ie Print to File (.ps) then use ps2pdf. Possibly the prpblem is the
conversion program, I did not investigate the it in any depth.

I believe you can import the native qcad files into Dia, maybe they print
better out of there.

Also, the file format is Autocad compatible iirc.

Bob Parker