Re: Drupal under woody/stable

Hi Jonathan

I have drupal running on a woody based server and also on unstable box. I don't think I had to upgrade anything else really to get it working on the stable box although I have upgraded some stuff on it to get other stuff working so I can't be to sure on that. I did have a bit of an issue with the deb packages when I went to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 but was able to get around that although it was a bit more work than it should be. I did switch to running drupal from the upstream tarball after that in /var/www/ as it is really easy to set up in that way anyway and let me minimise the pain in upgrading. It is a great CMS though. I have documented what I did and you can read it at

http://www.sydney.wilderness.org.au/docs/node.php?id=247

Cheers
John

Jonathan Matthews wrote:

I'm trying to get drupal running under woody.

Does anyone have any experience here as to what the best method is, given that it's not actually in stable?

Is an "apt-get source drupal" best, or does it need to pull in a load of build-depends? I know it's PHP, but I'm not sure if it needs any extra build-time packages.

Or should I just get the upstream tarball and stick it in /var/www?

Ability to respond quickly to vulnerabilities is a high priority, so I'd prefer not to upgrade to testing on the public server I'm targeting here.

Ideas, clues, LARTs onlist, please.
 jc