Re: My first question on Debian

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 12:53, Alfredo Valles wrote:
<snip>

> If I were you I'll install stable (woody) and after some time learning the
> "secrets" of debian you should be able of upgrade to a mix of testing and
> unstable that satisfy your needs. (knoppix is such a mix)
> But be aware: Installing and configuring Debian is more complex than
> installing knoppix, because it give you so many options and posiblilities.
<snip>
I've instlled knoppix 3.1(2 months and going), I've also installed
knoppix 3.2 on serveral newbies machines. I installed well in 25
minutes. It contains EVERYTHING most folks need. once you install it
(3.5gb needed). you can trim it down like I did. Althouht as someelse
pointed out it is a MIX.
 but you can do 'apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade' That should
bring most thing up to 'testing' aka woody and some to 'unstable' aka
sid.
-Kev
--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>