Re: Re[2]: Newbie Debian User needs help!!!

> vmlinuz-2.4.16-386
> vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4
>
> in the root directory, I initially noticed that the vmlinuz symlink
> was pointing to vmlinuz-2.4.16-386 after the kernel panic and I
> changed the link to vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4 but still it doesn't work..
>
> any suggestions?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Derek
>
>                   mailto:sdchew@ieee.org
I'm not sure that is the way to change the kernel selection. Assuming your using lilo,
you first edit it (or add an entry) and update the bootloader in your boot sector by issuing the 'lilo -v' command.
post your /etc/lilo.conf or grub.conf

--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>