Re: make-kpkg

On Sun, 18 May 2003 00:03:17 -0400
Mike M <linux-support@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Your comment above gives me a clue about what happened.  I brought in
> kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 which _does_ use initrd.  I used the config from
> that package when I did the make-kpkg.  I copied the config in /boot for
> kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 to /usr/src/linux and then ran make oldconfig as
> described in section 8.1.  In this case the --initrd option is most likely
> needed.

In that case, do "make menuconfig" and in the "ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support" ->
"IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices" section make sure asterisks appear next
to "Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk..." and "Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support".

In the "File systems" section, put an asterisk next to "Second extended fs
support".

In the "Block devices" section, put an asterisk next to "Normal floppy disk
support".

> If I had used the kernel config that came in with the kernel-source-2.4.18
> package, then things would probably have worked out just fine.

You still would have needed to check for the above three things, but you
could have saved installing another kernel image. No matter, they're as easy
to purge as they are to install. :)

Kevin