Linux vs Windows

Hi group,

I'm not looking for a flamewar, nor do I want this thread to become an
outlet for all kinds of ass* opinions. I am being very serious about
this. Really.

So, apparantly, apache holds about 60 percent of the internet server
market and microsoft's iis only about 30. Furthermore, apache is faster,
more stable and more secure. Furthermore, un*x (with for example qmail)
can handle more mails per day with a lower system load and fewer (read
none) mails are being lost. Basically, un*x (or just the BSDs and linux)
is faster, more stable and more secure. AND free. Or so I am led to
believe...

According to www.unixsucks.com (why did I go there in the first place?),
which has a lot of reference links, this is all not true. I could've LOLed,
flamed this guy and ignored his site, but I didn't. I looked up the
references. I'm particularly bothered about the Fortune 1000 net survey
and the mindcraft benchmark of redhat vs winnt. I read the whole story,
they did three tests. And what's more, win2000 seems to be stable.

Any thoughts on this? Or (perhaps) better, a site with a lot of
reference links which 'proves' the opposite?

(a slightly bothered) David

PS: Don't get me wrong. I will probably be using debian into the next
millennium.