Re: Window Maker and KDE

James Bemis wrote:
Hi "Harsh" - thanks for responding.

I used apt and synaptic during first install. But when I logged on, software to me to kdm and I didn't see how to get back to using synaptic-wmaker. Did something that said already had another Window Manager loaded, and didn't know how to unload it (temporarily). Will install KDE on this motherboard now and see what I see. I still don't have a functional printer or zip drive, so I may be back with more question. (For example, I downloaded two files from netscape and Iomega internet sites (got a tar and tar.gz), but I don't know how to do the install, and/or where to put the files for use by all users (which is just me).

Atleast for the zip drive, I know that you can install a package called 'jazip' ("apt-get install jazip"). This is a nice Graphical tool which lets you mount and access your zip drives in a convenient fashion. That should do it.

I prefer having just KDE installed with GNOME for backup. But I have never really extensively used WindowMaker. My suggestion is not to install window-maker at all since that reduces any area where you might get error messages from, which is usually a good thing.

I hope you have much better luck with the new install!

--
Harsh
BYU EE Sysop