Re: Window Maker and KDE

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:56:44PM -0400, GenomeJB@aol.com wrote:
> Thanks, David. I didn't know this was possible, so will go ahead with KDE.  I
> also installed Ion at your suggestion, and will look at that too.
>
> Thanks for your time and interest.
>
> Jim Bemis
> > have installed kdm to choose which window manager to use at boot. Itwill
> > remember the last one you logged in to, but you can change thatevery time
> > you login.

Er... you may find ion a PITA, since it reaaaaally doesn't look nice and
it resizes _all_ of your windows to fit the screen. Basically, it's
nothing like your convential window manager, ;-) Advantages: totally
keyboard-driven, no overlapping windows, no distractions ;-)

At work (we run solaris) I'm only using wmaker. I've never liked CDE and
even switched to twm for not quite a few months (KDE was just too slow)
but wmaker is very fast and has some nice features and dockapps. Of
course, many people only use enlightenment, afterstep, blackbox, icewm
etc. etc.

Welcome to open source: freedom of (way too) many choices.

David