Re: [OT] console based ogg+mp3 player that handles urls?

On 14 May 2003, Dale Hair wrote:

> If you have xmms installed you can start it from the command line
> followed by the URL and it will buffer.  My problem with xmms is it will
> not play some mp3 files or the above stream ever since I upgraded my
> unstable system a while back.

I noticed this as well, and was about to replace my onboard sound (ASUS
P4B533, which uses a C-Media 8738) with a SB PCI128 that I have lying
around.

I find that low bitrate/low khz mp3's will not play, xmms is able to play
some that mpg123 or mpg321 can't, but still can't play them all.

Mike