Re: [OT] console based ogg+mp3 player that handles urls?

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 07:03, Alex Polite wrote:
> I'm looking for a console based audio (mp3 + ogg) player that can
> handle urls. So far I've gone through mp3blaser, cplay and mcplay
> without getting quite what I want.
>
> Suggestions? Debian package is not requirement.
>
> alex

I don't know of any that will buffer the stream.  I've had the best luck
with mpg123, it will play http://128.125.204.54:2345/kuscaudio2.mp3 with
no breakup where mpg321 will be choppy.

If you have xmms installed you can start it from the command line
followed by the URL and it will buffer.  My problem with xmms is it will
not play some mp3 files or the above stream ever since I upgraded my
unstable system a while back.