Re: Fonts in Icewm, but not elsewhere, messed up

Michael Waters wrote:

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 16:23 -0500, Kent West wrote:
After an upgrade on my Sid box a month or so ago, some of the fonts in Icewm, like on the taskbar and the logout dialog window, have turned into what I can only describe as ASCII chars.

<snip>

OK, where's the problem? Or how do I troubleshoot this further?

Hi, icewm rocks. :)  I recently struggled with the same problem... for
me, the fix was `dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig` and choose to allow
bitmapped fonts.

Whoo-hoo! Thanks, Michael! That fixed my problem!

I love this list :-D

--
Kent