Re: Installation

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:02:29AM +0200, twan janssen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to install debian as a server at my home.
> Now my motherbord only supports harddisks up to 8,4gb.
> Is there an option like in windows (diskmanagement) that debian recognizes,
> a harddisk thats bigger?

As others have said, once Linux is booted it doesn't use the BIOS to
access the hard drive, so it doesn't matter how big a hard drive to add.
If you are really unlucky, the mere presence of a larger hard drive,
even when the secondary IDE is set to off is enough to make some
motherboards refuse to boot (happens on a P133 I own).  If you've got a
smaller hard drive around, easy solution is to boot off the smaller one,
and keep the bulk of the data on a second big drive.

- Chris