Re: Why are so many people using font servers?

Rob Weir, 2003-May-11 17:02 +1000:
> Hi y'all,
>
> I've noticed that a lot of people (both here and on #debian on OPN) are
> using font servers with X (xfs, xfstt, xfs-xtt, etc, etc) on a single
> machine, i.e. they're not sharing the fonts over the network.
>
> Why is this?

I've been using xfs-xtt for a long time because I thought that was the
"proper" way of handling fonts, especially the TrueType fonts.
However, your message has prompted me to try it without the font server
for awhile and see if I notice a difference.  So far, so good.

thanks for the kick...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User