Re: Gnome2.2 backport for Debian Woody

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 15:24, Henrik Skantz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After installing gnome 2.2
> (http://mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/)
> Kde 3 apps doesnt look nice at all, they start but windows are
> very big and no fonts are showing.
>
> I'm using sarge, gnome is my standard world but it would be nice to use
> some kde apps like Kile. I have tried to compile my own kde apps but
> it is the same.
>
> The kde packages are from http://download.kde.org/stable/latest/Debian
> I have tried Karolinas, debian official all the same.

I replied before, but was intrigued by how to do this.  As it turns out,
with kde 2.2.2 (official woody), all you have to do is setup up
antialiased fonts and truetype fonts in kcontrol, then do:

export QT_XFT=1

in your login scripts (I put it in .xsession).  Now the kde fonts are
antialiased in gnome.

Jamie

--
James Strandboge