Re: Laptop, DHCP & Co

On Mon, 12 May 2003 14:27:22 -0300 (ART)
Javier Bertoli <javier@brtl.com.ar> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 2003, in a new attempt to enlighten us, Christian...:
>
> CS> > whereami is probably the package that you're looking for.
> CS>
> CS> Does whereami have any advantage compared to laptop-net,
> CS> intuitively, divine, ... (did I forget a package?)
>
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm currently using ifupdown-roaming. It's a nice new package,
> similar to whereami and others, that tries to integrate itself
> smoothly with ifupdown, solving the problems the others have.

Damn, that came a bit too late. I already tried 'whereami' today and
encountered exactly that problem. It doesn't execute automatically on
all desired events, so I have to trigger it manually. But I think that
is something that might be easily fixable. Let's see...

Thanks for your response anyway!

Regards,
Christian