Re: How to find I/O address of an ISA network card

Hamid wrote:
Hi

Anyone knows how to find I/O address for a NE2000U PLUS netwotk card.
I am trying to install debian but don't know the I/O addrees. The computer is old and I don't have any manual for it.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Hamid

If it is a PCI card, just do a "lspci" as root and you should find the info somewhere in the resulting screen. If it is an ISA card then go to the following page:

http://www.scyld.com/diag#isa-diags

and grab the "NE2000 detection, diagnostics, and setup" program. It should be listed in the "ISA and Other Non-PCI adapters" section, along with further instructions on use, etc.

This is the SCYLD site run by Donald Becker. If the above link doesn't work for you, just go to "www.scyld.com" and work your way down the menu links of "Network Drivers" --> "Network Device Diagnostic and Setup Programs" --> "ISA and Other Non-PCI adapters".

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-