Re: Laptop, DHCP & Co

On Mon, 12 May 2003 14:27:22 -0300 (ART)
Javier Bertoli <javier@brtl.com.ar> wrote:
> 	I'm currently using ifupdown-roaming. It's a nice new package,
> similar to whereami and others, that tries to integrate itself
> smoothly with ifupdown, solving the problems the others have.

The latest news about ifupdown-roaming is that the features of
ifscout are in the process of being integrated into guessnet,
including the most important convenience feature: that of using
/etc/network/interfaces as its configuration file.  As of
release 0.18 (in unstable), guessnet is buggy and is still missing
some of ifscout's features, but before long it should be able
to supersede ifscout.  In the process, the "physical interface
group" feature and the "search sequence" feature are being
abandoned.  If either of these is important to you, let me know,
and let me know why; if necessary they can be reimplemented in
guessnet.  When guessnet is a bit more stable I'll report again
to this list.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>
(ifupdown-roaming author)