Re: Libranet to sooth the savage Debian beast???

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 12:13:21AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 23:03, ZephyrQ wrote:
> > 	I just read a review of the latest Libranet--and after playing with
> > Debian for about 6 months, I'm half tempted to 'add-on' this
> > distribution.
> >
> > 	My question, can I upgrade to the latest Libranet over my existing
> > Woody (3.0 with a little bit of testing thrown in...) with out seriously
> > hosing my system?
> >
> > 	I originally switched to Deb from SuSE, and I hate to admit it, but I
> > just don't have the time to peruse online documentation trying to fix
> > small problems.  Don't get me wrong--I like Debian a *lot* better than
> > SuSE (things work together better), but I'm tired of taking the better
> > part of a weekend trying to fix problems or configure my system to do
> > things that, darn it, I would like it to do (like burn CDs...play DVDs,
> > etc.).
> >
> > 	Will an upgrade with Libranet over my existing system be a Bad Idea, or
> > can I pull this off without a lot of hassle?
>
> As long as /home is on a separate partition, installing shouldn't be
> a problem.  It also does very well at h/w detection, as long as you
> don't have a winmodem.

As does Debian if you use the 'discover' package...I'm fairly sure
that's what libranet uses, anyway.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?