Re: gpm? how do I get this running?

karrottop wrote:
> well I can click to highlight text. But I am not getting any arrow, or
> box as it may be for the pointer.

On the text console you only get text.  So look for a block cursor
that you can move around with the mouse.  That is it.

> I would imagine that the protocol of the mouse itself is functioning
> correctly as I can can highlight and drag that higlight, I just cant
> pick where that highlight is going to be.

You might not have the right protocol selected.  If you get the wrong
one then it looks like that.  You might try 'autops2' as that works in
most cases.  I have seen a couple of mice that just won't autoprobe
however.

This is what I have for a ps2 device wheelmouse:  (/etc/gpm.conf)
  device=/dev/psaux
  responsiveness=
  repeat_type=raw
  type=imps2
  append=""
  sample_rate=

For usb change to /dev/input/mice.  For a non-wheelmouse I usually use
'ps2'.  Try 'autops2' there.

Bob