Re: Why are so many people using font servers?

Hm. What about programs that are compiled against an older version of xlibs? Might they still require access to the font server to get TT fonts?

I use X4.2 and originally I didn't use the font server. However, for some reason I started using it recently despite the fact that I "shouldn't need to." I think I was using Bibletime and for some reason I was getting the Greek fonts that I'd installed.

-Rob

--
Key fingerprint = 9296 627F 9D12 0C38 1946  C94F A7E9 C6C8 2B3C 7FE3