Re: Why are so many people using font servers?

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 03:19:08PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Rob Weir wrote:
> > Why is this?  XFree86 has been able to handle TrueType fonts (along with
>
> Because if a font brings down the font-server, you don't lose your work. If
> it brings down X...

That'd be a bug in the X serer, I guess, but I've never even heard of
this happening (recently, anyway).  Is this really a common problem?
Also, does the X server really stay up?

> > I'm especially curious, since I've seen people running two (or more!)
> > font servers on the one machine, which seems unnecessary (and wasteful)
>
> Two or more? That's strange...

Definitely.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?