Re: Procmail Recipies

On 03-05-11 11:47 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Almost.  You forgot to say ":0:" and just said ":0".  You need the
> trailing colon in order to have procmail use a lockfile.  Unless you
> can prove to yourself that you will never have multiple deliveries
> happening at the same time you need the lockfile to semaphore
> modifications and prevent mailbox corruption.  (And you might be able
> to prove that in your specific case.  But generally there may be
> multiple programs writing to that file.)

kind of a nitpick, but if you use Maildir, there's no reason to use the
lockfile. one of those man procmail* pages will verify this. dunno about
MH format, as I've never used it.

I haven't been paying attention enough to the thread to know if the OP
said they're using mbox, so sorry if I'm in left field. I thought the
clarification could be useful at least for the archives

Kenneth