Re: Manipulating the gnome panel

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 12:50:18PM -0400, karrottop wrote:
} I must have done a poor job at explaining what I am trying to accomplish
} here.  By "always on top"  I mean on top of other applications.
} Basically I am using an edge panel only, (I do have a menu panel in the
} preceding screenshot) but when I maximize a window it maximizes only up
} to the edge panel, Basically, I do not want my edge panel eating into my
} screen space, So I guess I want to adjust its "focus" to be always at
} the bottom of the screen, allowing other applications to be positioned
} on top.  This screenshot is what I get when I maximize mozilla, I would
} want it to where when I maximize mozilla it takes up the entire screen.
}
} http://home.fuse.net/karrottop/Screenshot-1.png

This depends upon your window manager. I use sawfish, and I have configured
its "Matched Windows" to match gnome panels and give them a default and
unchangeable depth which is always below other windows.

} thanks,
} Jason Self
--Greg