Re: Manipulating the gnome panel

I must have done a poor job at explaining what I am trying to accomplish
here.  By "always on top"  I mean on top of other applications.
Basically I am using an edge panel only, (I do have a menu panel in the
preceding screenshot) but when I maximize a window it maximizes only up
to the edge panel, Basically, I do not want my edge panel eating into my
screen space, So I guess I want to adjust its "focus" to be always at
the bottom of the screen, allowing other applications to be positioned
on top.  This screenshot is what I get when I maximize mozilla, I would
want it to where when I maximize mozilla it takes up the entire screen.

http://home.fuse.net/karrottop/Screenshot-1.png

thanks,
Jason Self