Re: ps/2 mouse support ?

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 03:04:34AM +0200, Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any kernel module to load in order to add support to a ps/2 mouse?
>
> My problem: while trying to add support for my ps/2 mouse in my system
> running a 2.4.18-686-smp kernel (woody+security updates), the only way I
> found to get it was to load the usb-ohci kernel module :-/
>
> Indeed, before this module had been loaded to the system, a simple 'cat
> /dev/psaux' did not print anything on my terminal while moving my ps/2
> mouse. Then, if I load this module (modprobe usb-ohci), the same command
> prints garbage on my terminal.
>
> Furthermore, if I unload the usb-ohci module (rmmod usb-ohci), my ps/2
> mouse is still working.
>
> Any way (other than using USB kernel code) to add support to my ps/2
> mouse (a simple Logitech 3btns+wheelscroll with 6 pins ps/2 connector)?

That's odd.  I'd bet that usb-ohci is loading another module, though,
like 'psaux' or 'mouse'...run 'lsmod' to see, and then just loading that
should be enough in the future.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?