trouble mounting as user

Hey all,

	I'm trying to set up /etc/fstab to let me conveniently mount some
folders my girlfriend is sharing on her Win98 box.
I have the following lines in /etc/fstab:

//vash/temp     /vash/temp      smbfs   user,guest,noauto       0       0
//vash/media    /vash/media     smbfs   user,guest,noauto       0       0
//vash/schoolwork /vash/school  smbfs   user,guest,noauto       0       0
//vash/music    /vash/media     smbfs   user,guest,noauto       0       0

Now, I can mount these resources *as root* just by typing
# mount <mountpoint>
but when I try it as a reg'lar user, I get:
  cannot mount on /vash/school: Operation not permitted
  smbmnt failed: 1

Uh...  The mount-points exist, and all have permissions that look like so:
  drwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         4.0k Aug 13  2002 media

So how do I actually allow a regular user to mount these resources?

Also, how do I make an fstab entry for a resource with spaces in its
filename?
such as //server/my shared folder
I've tried backslash-prefixing the spaces, enclosing the whole thing in
double-quotes & single-quotes, enclosing just the 'my shared folder' part
in double-quotes & single-quotes...
But mount just keeps tellin' me that line is 'bad'...

	Thanks!