Re: trouble mounting as user

On 2003-05-08 15:34, ScruLoose wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> 	I'm trying to set up /etc/fstab to let me conveniently mount some
> folders my girlfriend is sharing on her Win98 box.
> but when I try it as a reg'lar user, I get:
>   cannot mount on /vash/school: Operation not permitted
>   smbmnt failed: 1
> So how do I actually allow a regular user to mount these resources?

I hit this problem and found some help here:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/2001-October/059948.html
the key part of which seems to be "If you are not mounting as root then
the dir must be owned and be writable by the person running smbmount."

Mine looks like this:
nick@nickdesk$ ls -ld /mnt/winbox1
drwxr-xr-x    2 nick     nick         4096 Nov 11 14:41 /mnt/winbox1/

> Also, how do I make an fstab entry for a resource with spaces in its
> filename?
Can't help there, sorry.

--
Nick