Re: Howto write CDs with Lite On

Joris Huizer wrote:
Hello everybody,

Today, a fresh Lite On (48x24x48x) was built into my
computer !

Now my question is the following: I haven't done any
setup yet, but reading of CDs is working without a
problem.
However, I don't know how to write on RW cds - if I
try to mount, I get the following:

---------------
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/hdc,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact
use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

----------------

The warning has some hint about scsi but I think Lite
On was supposed to be IDE so I don't have any scsi
functioning (the last time I tried to get that working
I quit because it was messy)

The warning is probably just about there being NO file
system (as the cd is completely empty, right ?)

What should I do to solve this & get the burning
working? If I've got this working, I'll first just try to write
a backup of my files onto a RW cd, after that I'll try
and look at burning debian cds (!!)

Thank you for any help,

Joris