Re: Howto write CDs with Lite On

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:38:33 -0700, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Now my question is the following: I haven't done any setup yet, but
> reading of CDs is working without a problem.
> However, I don't know how to write on RW cds - if I try to mount, I get
> the following:

Blank CD-ROMs/CD-RWs don't have a filesystem on them, there's nothing to
mount. In order to write, you need to prepare a complete filesystem image
(typically UDF or ISO 9660) and "burn" that in one go.

> The warning has some hint about scsi but I think Lite On was supposed to
> be IDE so I don't have any scsi functioning

With an IDE CD writer, you'll need SCSI emulation.

> What should I do to solve this & get the burning working?

Read the relevant documentation, in particular
	http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

HTH,
Ray
--
What is this talk of software 'releases'? Klingons do not 'release'
software; our software ESCAPES, leaving a bloody trail of designers and