ADSL Modem recomendations

Hello all,
the company I work for has decided to host some Internet services (mail and web) through a DSL link. We were planning on using the telco provided router, but the router (a 3Com OCR612) has proven to be very unreliable when it comes to allowing external access to internal services. So does anyone have a modem or router that they can recommend for use with Debian? I'd prefer to use a PCI modem, but I'm open to anything. BTW telco uses PPPoA (RFC2364). Does anyone have any experience with the Alcatel SpeedTouch modem under Debian Woody? It's the other modem the telco offers, I have grave reservations using a USB modem for mission critical tasks.

Thanks for any advice people,
Bill

FYI 3Com instability http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,5925248~root=equip,1~mode=flat