Re: Trouble logging on to website w/ Mozilla

 --- Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org> escribió:
> A nice little trick I learned for sites with clueless admins is to go
> find yourself a computer with MSIE on it and go to the site.  At this
> point it should go through its browser checks and redirect you to the
> proper site.  Just grab that URL and take it to your mozilla browser.
> It should work if you type it in verbatum. Thing is most of these
> clueless admins who code to MSIE, also forget to set a cookie within
> thier browser checks, so if you feed mozilla the final url you are able
> to bypass the browser checks with out anyone being the wiser.
>
> --
> Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>

I happened to find that trick out today when I was helping my brother get
logged in to his college's website.  He has Mozilla 1.3 and Java 1.4.1
(unfortunately on WinMe), and whenever he goes to the site it says that Java is
not enabled (when I know it is).  So I went to the site in IE and got past the
check and it works fine by pasting the URL straight to Mozilla.

The problem I have is that the site I am trying to gain access to only does the
security check after I enter my SSN and PIN.  This seems totally backwards,
because if the browser doesn't support the necessary security protocols I am
thinking you would want to PREVENT the user from even entering their access
info in the first place.

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es