Re: Accessing vfat fs as normal user

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> Hi Craig,
> Thanks for the quick reply.  I've tried various settings in fstab to change
> permissions, so far no luck.
> This is my latest entry for /dev/sdb (firewire drive):
> /dev/sdb    /firewire  vfat     suid,uid=1000,gid=0, rw,noauto,      0    0
> Thx,
> Don Nash

I'm using sort of the opposite with uid=0 and a gid that my users are
members of.  I would get rid of the space in the options and the comma at
the end.

/dev/hda1    /winc   vfat   rw,uid=0,gid=20,umask=002 0 0

The puzzle is that it sounds like this was working prior to the upgrade of
the system to unstable.  Is that correct?  I'm using Woody and have this
mounting when the system boots.

Here's what I have for my zip drive which is also vfat.  This is to mount it
as needed and it is working for my users.

/dev/sda4	/mnt/zip	vfat	 user,exec,dev,suid,rw,noauto 0  0